Briefbox Limited Terms and Conditions of Service
By accessing the website at https://briefbox.me, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The Materials and Content contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. When we refer to our Materials and Content, we mean any images, graphics, logos, text, videos, audio, or other content made available to you on https://briefbox.me
2. User’s Agreement
By using https://briefbox.me users represent that they have read, understood, and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of use herein contained.
Users also represent that they are at least 16 years of age, and if younger, then users represent that they are old enough, or are otherwise legally enabled by the laws of the jurisdiction in which the user views any content of the website, to be contractually bound by these terms and conditions of service.
Through signing up as a registered https://briefbox.me user you agree that you will:
- Set up your account in your own name, and not seek to represent yourself as someone else.
- Provide a valid email address.
- Only set up one account per person.
- Not let anyone else use your account.
- Ensure you register to the membership product for personal use only. If, for example, we find that content of our website is being used for commercial or public use, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account immediately.
- Keep your login details, including your password secret.
- Notify us if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
- Not upload any proprietary, copyrighted, trademarked content or materials without the expressed permission of the owner.
- Not post any materials or content that infringe on any copyright, patent, trademark, right of publicity, trade secret, or other proprietary right or intellectual property of any party.
If we reasonably believe you are breaching any of these requirements, or any of the other terms and conditions, we may suspend or terminate your account.
When using https://briefbox.me you must always act honestly and appropriately. Unacceptable behaviour includes being abusive, offensive, defamatory, or infringing anyone’s privacy.
You will be able to access your registered account with your email address and password.
You will be able to update your email address, password, first name, last name, username, ‘about you’ information, location, social media public profiles and key skills from the ‘Edit Profile’ section of the website.
4. Paid Memberships and Subscription Fees
Paid memberships give users access to additional materials, content and features not available to users registered to the free service.
Users may participate in the “Pro” or “Premium” membership services by upgrading to pay annual or monthly subscription fees, for unlimited access to all the materials and content on the https://briefbox.me site. Users subscribed to the “Premium” membership will also benefit from a submission review service allowing them to gain feedback on up to three submissions a month. Users of both “Pro” and “Premium” also benefit from a Portfolio review service.
- Annual subscription fees are first taken in one lump sum on the day of subscribing to the paid membership service. The paid membership service will take effect immediately, though the payment may take a few days to show on your account. Payment will then be taken automatically on the same calendar day every year thereafter, until such a time that you cancel your paid membership, or disable the automatic auto-renewal toggle on your profile page. In some cases, your payment date may change, for example if your subscription began on a day not contained in a given month in a subsequent year.
- Monthly subscription fees will be billed automatically on the same calendar day each month, until such time that you cancel your paid membership, or disable the automatic auto-renewal toggle on your profile page. In some cases, your monthly payment date may change, for example if your registration began on a day not contained in a given month. The first monthly payment will be taken on the day of subscribing to the paid membership and your membership will take effect immediately, though the payment may take a few days to appear on your account.
Briefbox Limited collects all fees through third party providers Stripe Inc. and PayPal.
No refunds are offered for Premium or Pro membership fees, or any other fees collected by the Service.
We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your paid membership if attempts to charge your payment method fail.
5. Refund Policy
Payments are non-refundable. There are no refund or credits for partially used periods. However, if you do wish to terminate your paid membership, you will continue to have the benefits of your paid Briefbox Membership through the end of your current billing period.
To stop your paid membership from automatically renewing at the end of your current billing cycle, you can disable the ‘Auto-renewal’ toggle via the ‘Edit Profile’ section of the website. This will prevent your next payment from being taken and as a result you will be downgraded to the free membership service at the end of your current billing cycle. You will no longer be able to access the additional material, content, features and services available to users subscribed to paid memberships.
Alternatively, to downgrade, upgrade, cancel or terminate your paid membership, please send written notice to Brefbox Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Termination of Membership
If we suspect abuse or fraudulent use of our website, we reserve the right to inform the appropriate authorities. Briefbox Limited reserves the right to terminate or suspend access to all, or any portion, of the Services for violation or suspected violation of these terms and conditions of service.
Briefbox Limited reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time and without notice, including and not limited to:
- If you violate any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- If we discover that you have provided us with false information.
- If your membership fees are not paid by the due date.
- If you attempt in any way to copy, illegally distribute or reverse engineer the website or software.
- If we suspect any abuse or fraudulent use of our systems.
If you want to terminate your account, you can do so by emailing email@example.com
7. Access to the Website
We will try to ensure https://briefbox.me is available to you at all times. However, Briefbox Limited does not guarantee that the Website, or any materials or content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted.
We reserve the right to suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or change all, or any part of, our Website without notice. No Liability can be accepted in respect of losses or damages arising if, for any reason, our Website is unavailable at any time, or for any period.
Whilst we seek to make https://briefbox.me available as widely as possible, some features and functionality may not work on all browsers or devices.
Please note that when using internet hosted platform and websites, general issues such as browser compatibility, internet connection strength and internet connection speed, and other matters outside of our control, may affect the quality and availability of https://briefbox.me We do not take any responsibility for these sorts of matters.
8. Use License
a. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Briefbox Limited’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the Materials or Content;
- use the Materials or Content for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Briefbox Limited’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials;
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server;
- copy, reproduce or publish large sections of our Materials or Content (or the entire website);
- upload, embed, or make any of the Materials or Content available via a third party website, platform, or service without prior consent.
b. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Briefbox Limited at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
9. User Submitted Materials, Content and Contributions (“User Submissions”)
Materials, Content and contributions uploaded to any part of the https://briefbox.me site including, without limitation, uploading designs, portfolios or any messages submitted on public areas of the website, are referred to as “User Submissions”. You hereby automatically grant Briefbox Limited, and represent that you have the right to grant to Briefbox Limited, an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, unlimited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, worldwide right and license to host, use, reproduce, copy, create derivative works, disclose, publish, re-title, cache, store, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), distribute, publicly display and publicly perform any “User Submissions” (Materials, Content, contributions) or information for any purpose, commercial, or otherwise (including, without limitation, ideas for a new or improved product or service).
You also grant to Briefbox Limited the right to use your name or username in connection with the “User Submissions”(Materials, Content, contributions). Briefbox Limited also retains the right to edit or change “User Submissions”, change the location of any “User Submissions” on the site, and /or delete as we deem appropriate any “User Submsissions” (Materials, Content or contributions) at any time, without notice.
- The Materials and Content on Briefbox Limited’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Briefbox Limited makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Briefbox Limited does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the Materials or Content on its website or otherwise relating to such Materials and Content or on any sites linked to this site.
- We do not assume any liability for “User Submissions”, nor endorse any of this content. We do not pre-screen or edit “User Submissions”, Materials, Content or contributions, but we do have the right to do so and to remove any content that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions in our judgement.
- We do not assert any ownership over “User Submissions”. We are not liable for any representations or statements in “User Submissions”.
In no event shall Briefbox Limited or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Briefbox Limited’s website, even if Briefbox Limited or a Briefbox Limited authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
12. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Briefbox Limited’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Briefbox Limited does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Briefbox Limited may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Briefbox Limited does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Briefbox Limited has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Briefbox Limited of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Briefbox Limited may revise these Terms and Conditions of Service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Service.
These Terms and Conditions of Service were last modified as of 4 December 2019.
15. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Bristol, UK and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.